- System provides up to 100,000 gallon capacity, approximately one year cartridge life, under most water quality conditions
- Scale Inhibition system also helps protect water-using appliances and piping from scale build up and corrosion
- Non-woven activated carbon pleat media reduces particulates down to 5 microns nominal at 10 gallons per minute
- Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) design allows for fast and easy cartridge change-outs without a filter wrench
- 1" NPT 304 Stainless Steel Head helps provide corrosion resistance, and long life
We designed the 3M™ Aqua-Pure™ Whole House Sanitary Quick Change Water Filter System AP904 as an activated carbon filter system with a nominal heavy duty particulate reduction rating of 5 microns and 100,000 gallon capacity. It reduces sediment, and chlorine taste and odor. We also combine scale inhibition media to help prevent scale build-up and corrosion in hot water-using appliances and pipes.
The 3M™ Aqua-Pure™ Whole House Sanitary Quick Change Water Filter System AP904 helps to reduce sediment and chlorine taste and odor, as well as scale in pipes and hot water using appliances. This scale inhibition feature uses polyphosphates in minute quantity to bind calcium and magnesium hardness minerals, preventing them from precipitating out and building up on metallic surfaces. Polyphosphates also coat metal surfaces to inhibit corrosion. 1” inlet and outlet connections give you easy installation and high flow rates up to 10 gpm/3.8 lpm.
The AP904 system provides up to 10 gpm/3.8 lpm flow rate to meet the needs of most residential requirements and is effective for both chlorinated (municipal) and non-chlorinated (well water) systems. Our innovative Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) design allows for convenient cartridge change-outs without having to contact the filter media or the need for a filter wrench. Just a 1/4 turn is all it takes to remove the old and replace with the new. Our Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) is one of the industry's most advanced whole house water filtration system features for this application and also minimizes contact with the filter media.
Just Add Water
We manufacture the AP904 system with a stainless steel head assembly that includes an integral mounting bracket. The 304 stainless steel NPT head is a corrosion resistant material that gives you long service life.
- Inlet and outlet plumbing connections are 1" NPT
- System rated maximum operating pressure of 125 psi (862 kPa) and operating temperature of 100°F/37.8°C
- Maximum flow rate is up to 20 gpm/75.7 lpm*
- Non-woven pleat media surrounding activated carbon block reduces particulates down to 5 microns nominal at 10 gallons per minute
- Cartridges are sanitary in design, requiring no contact with the filter media during cartridge change-out
The AP917HD-S, the replacement cartridges for the 3M Aqua-Pure AP904 water filter system, needs to be replaced once a year or after 100,000 gallons, however, the filter may need to be replaced sooner depending on your water quality.