- Polyphosphates help to inhibit scale build-up in water heaters (standard and tank-less styles) and in appliances such as dishwashers and clothes washers which can help extend the life of hot water-using appliances
- Scale inhibition also helps protect piping from corrosion
- Easy cartridge change-out helps provide easy system maintenance
- 3/4” NPT inlet/outlet connections
- 316 stainless steel head for "sweat-in-place" installation and corrosion resistance
- FDA CFR-21 compliant materials*
We designed the 3M™ Whole House Scale Inhibition Water Treatment System AP430SS to reduce scale build-up on hot water-using appliances such as water heaters (standard and tank-less), clothes washers and dishwashing machines, and on plumbing fixtures like faucets, pipes, and shower heads. The AP430SS provides unrestricted flow of up to 10 gpm with ¾” NPT inlet/outlet connections.
The 3M™ AP430SS Whole House Scale Inhibition Water Treatment System contains polyphosphates to bind calcium and magnesium hardness minerals, preventing them from precipitating out (or becoming a solid) and building up on metallic surfaces such as water heaters and plumbing fixtures like faucets, pipes and shower heads. Features include:
- Flow rates up to 10 gpm/37.9 lpm
- 3/4" NPT inlet/outlet connections
- 304 stainless steel hear for "sweat-in-place" installation and corrosion resistance
- 25 — 125 psi/172 — 862 kPa pressure range
- 40 - 100°F/37.8°C temperature range
- System materials are FDA CFR-21 compliant*
Choose Aqua-Pure Products for Clearly Great Water. (PDF, 932 Kb)
The overall design of the scale inhibition system makes the installation and cartridge change-out easy for professionals. The 3M™ AP430SS Whole House Scale Inhibition Water Treatment System should be installed on the cold water supply line of the water heater or at point-of-entry of water into the home or light commercial application. The scale inhibition system helps extend the life of downstream water-using appliances such as water heaters (standard and tank-less), clothes washers and dishwashing machines, as well as plumbing fixtures like faucets, pipes and shower heads by reducing scale build-up and corrosion.
Polyphosphates in minute concentrations of 2-3 ppm, effectively help prevent scale build-up by inhibiting the deposition of hardness minerals onto metallic surfaces. Polyphosphates also helps prevent corrosion by forming a thin protective layer on the metal surface. The 3M™ AP430SS Scale Inhibition Water Treatment System is manufactured using FDA CFR-21 compliant materials* and is suitable for drinking and cooking water, and food applications.